Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

1-1-10-sm-1


Each day is a chance to start anew, but for some reason the new year always seems like an especially fresh start. I don't do resolutions for the year, but I do goals and intentions. I look back at the past year and what went wrong, and what went right...and try to use that as a jumping off point.

2009 was infinitely better than 2008, and I realize that sometimes so much of what happens in our lives is out of our control. I also realize that we don't live our lives in years, months, weeks, or even days. We live our lives in moments.

2008 began as a phenomenal year that quickly turned devastating. When we lost our twins, I felt the need to retreat from so much of what had been familiar. My life changed and the way I looked at everything and everyone changed. Everyone (including myself) wanted me to go back to the way I was before, but the truth is that things will never be the way they were before. I am different forever but it doesn't mean that I can't find happiness again, or be fun, or be part of a community.

1-1-10-small-2


2009 was the year of Ginger - a phenomenal year when we welcomed our beautiful baby girl. She brings so much love and happiness to our family. Having her has been so joyous, so healing, and so wonderful. The first half of 2009 I was pregnant with Ginger, and the second half I was holding her in my arms. That made 2009 one of the very best years of my life. A magical year.

My hope for 2010 is that I can continue to reconnect with life, and reclaim the vitality and energy that I lost with the passing of our twins. We have so many reasons to be joyful, so I want to focus on JOY this year.

This year, I want to travel more. Spend time with my family in Indiana. Become a better photographer.

Enjoy each moment with Paprika, Ginger, and Mr. Mustard and continue to live every moment to the fullest with them. Go on adventures together. Have fun and show love, kindness, and compassion in everything we do together.

Reach my goal of 85 pounds lost (55 down, 30 to go). Eat healthy, unprocessed foods. Enjoy the process of weightloss, and how being healthy makes me feel ALIVE!

Connect with my fellow bloggers in a meaningful way. Catch up with dear friends I haven't seen in awhile.

Spend time outdoors, enjoying nature.

Move to a bigger place (oh how we tried that in 2009- we'll see if 2010 brings us more luck)!

We shall see what the next year brings. For now, I am focusing on creating beautiful moments with my family and enjoying each second of precious time we have together. It is too sweet to miss a breath!

1-1-10-small-3



No comments: