Monday, April 1, 2013

What Are The Odds?!!

I'm working on a post right now about last Wednesday...which was one of the best "ordinary" days I've ever had. I mean, there are big days like my wedding, the births of my children...you know, those are "big days" that are written down in the highlight reel of life.

But these ordinary days are sweet, too - and every so often you get one that's just about perfect.  That was last Wednesday.  Post to come. 

In the meantime, I just discovered something that blew my mind!  (And maybe that's not saying much - haha).  But anyway - last magical Wednesday, we went up to Pasadena and visited a park we haven't been to in years (since we moved to the beach).

I used to go every day when Paprika was a baby, and so many of my early special memories of Paprika were formed at that park - on many of our ordinary days.

Some of my favorite photos of Paprika were taken at this park. Like these two photos:



socalfelicity-1-800



socalfelicity-2-800


I just pulled them up to walk down memory lane.  Then I looked at the date they were taken: 

March 27, 2008

Without realizing the date, last Wednesday, I captured these next moments of Paprika.  On March 27, 2013.  Exactly five years to the day from that first set of photos.   Mind is blown!

March 27, 2013:

3-31-13-20


3-31-13-21


3-31-13-22


What are the chances?!!!  I am freaking out!!!

I'll write more about our day later - it was sweet and precious and affirmed to me exactly how sacred each moment of life is if we stop to look around and take in the wonder.

xoxo,
Erika




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowsa, so sweet and neat time lapse! What are the odds??! Woah! :)

Mimi said...

That is amazing!
I remember seeing the earlier photos on a visit to your archives, and reading about how Paprika loved this statue, but that you revisited on the exact same date without realising it, that's just amazing.

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow wow wow. This is incredible!