Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ginger's Birthday!

6-18-09-small-1

Ginger Sunshine
Born June 18, 2009
8 Pounds, 11 ounces
20.5 inches long
Perfect, healthy, and very loved!


6-18-09-small-8


Ginger came into the world after an intense, natural, and surprising labor! On Wednesday morning, I had the feeling I might be going into labor. We asked Mr. Mustard's mom to come down to Los Angeles just in case. All day long, I felt contractions that were getting more intense. Around 6pm, Mr. Mustard and I decided to go out to dinner to enjoy possiby our last night before Ginger arrived. We made it to the doors of the restaurant when I decided we really needed to go to the hospital instead!

6-18-09-small-2


So, we braved rush hour traffic in Los Angeles, and arrived at the hospital around 7:30pm on Wednesday night. My contractions were about 2 minutes apart. They checked me and I was already 4.5 cm dilated! Contractions intensified, and my water broke on its own at the hospital around 1 am. I wanted to let labor go on its own without the aid of pitocin or other drugs, so that's what we did! A few hours later, Ginger Sunshine Urth was born into the hands of Dr. K at 4:15 am on Thursday morning, healthy and perfect in every way!

6-18-09-small-3


These pictures were taken a few hours after she was born! She came out clean, like she'd just taken a bath!

6-18-09-small-7


We are so grateful for this little girl, and not a moment goes by that we don't look at her with complete happiness for the gift she is to our family. There is much more to say, but we just got home from the hosptial and I would rather snuggle her than write, so this will have to do for now. :-)

Until then, a few more pictures taken at the hospital right after birth!

6-18-09-small-4

6-18-09-small-6


6-18-09-small-5


No comments: