Tuesday, June 9, 2009

37 Week Appointment

37w-3d-baby 5-small-2

Yup, I'm still here. I just got home from my doctor's appointment, and basically, it looks like I won't be going into labor anytime soon. Cervix is closed, 3.7 cm long, and baby is still very high up at about a -3 station. When I was at the hospital, the nurse said I was 1-2cm dilated, but according to Dr. K, I'm not. I don't know what all those contractions were about: a lot of drama with no big payoff!

Dr. K did an ultrasound to check fluid levels, and to make sure things are still looking good.

The baby is now estimated by ultrasound to weigh about 8 pounds, 4 ounces. The baby's head is measuring 9.7 cm in diameter. Overall, for growth, the baby is about the size of an average baby at 40w5d.

The ultrasound was really wonderful. The baby was wiggling toes, and that was very fun to watch. Precious!

Paprika and Mr. Mustard arrived back safe and sound from Santa Barbara last night. I was only away from them for one night, but it seemed like a lot longer! It is wonderful having them home. Grandma Pat watched Paprika while I was down here in Los Angeles resting- and I am so grateful for that! It really eased my mind to know Paprika was being taken care of by someone who loves her so much.

I am taking it easy and enjoying this last stretch of being pregnant. I have my next appointment in a week and until then, it's just a waiting game! We are busy setting up all the baby's things and getting Paprika excited about the birth.


No comments: