Friday, March 27, 2009

Test Results!

Just got a call from my doctor's office- I failed the one hour Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) which tests for Gestational Diabetes. They also told me that I am anemic. They are putting me on iron supplements starting today. Next week I go back for the three hour GTT, which means I can't eat anything before the appointment except this nasty beverage, and then they do a blood draw once an hour for three hours to check my levels.

If I fail the three hour test, I'll be diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, will meet with a nutritionist and be put on a special diet. The baby will also be monitored even more closely!

Not a big deal at all in the big scheme of things- just a little annoying! My appointment is at 9:45am, which means my commute to my doctor's office (on the other side of Los Angeles) will be in rush hour traffic! Better leave the house by 7am! Oy vey!


No comments: