Monday, July 6, 2009

Who Would Have Thought?

On Saturday afternoon, on a whim, Mr. Mustard and I entered the online raffle for Michael Jackson Memorial Tickets. With over 1.6 million people entering, we figured our chances of winning were very slight. But, when the chances of something happening are very slight, it seems that chances are, it will happen to us...and this time proved no different!

On Sunday, we were notified that out of 1.6 million people, we won tickets to go to the Michael Jackson Memorial at Staples Center.

What are the odds? Really?!

Now, I don't know if we are going. Ginger is only 2 weeks old and I'm not ready to leave her yet...besides the obvious hinderances like, "how am I gonna get them to let me bring my breastpump into Staples Center?!"

Mr. Mustard may go with a friend and I would stay home...just like when Mr. Mustard went to the Emmy's three days after Paprika was born and I stayed home. Although I must admit, I was way more bummed about missing out on the Emmy's that year (especially because Mr. Mustard won) than I am on missing out on this event!

The tickets are non-transferable, so we can't give them away even if we wanted to- which is what we would do if we couldn't go. But, even if we don't go, I don't think they're going to have a problem filling the arena. The rumor is that over a million people without tickets will be camped outside Staples Center trying to get in to the Memorial Service.

We'll see what happens! Even if we're watching on our TV from home, it's one of those events that happens once in a lifetime. Rest in peace, MJ.


No comments: