Friday, July 24, 2009

TGIF!

7-24-09-small-1

I am so ready to start this weekend! Mr. Mustard has been working long-ish hours this week. He's been getting home around 8pm, which is actually not too late for him, but it is still hard on me. Mr. Mustard has the whole weekend off, so I am really excited about that.

He is going to a friend's wedding tonight. I really wanted to go, but it's kinda far away, and I can't see driving with Ginger that far in the car both ways. So, I guess our weekend together will technically start tomorrow. It can't come soon enough!

7-19-09-small-4

Our big plan for this weekend is to potty train Paprika. I bought this Ebook by Lora Jensen on 3 Day Potty Training. Her method is basically that you can't leave the house for three whole days while you potty train - hence the name 3 Day Potty Training, right?! ;-) We are desperate for anything to work since we have that preschool deadline coming up...so we're giving it a shot. I'll let you know if it works, since we have tried everything else and Paprika won't be persuaded.

Also, tomorrow I will get to sneak away for a bit and visit Devon, who is still in the hospital. She is currently 22 weeks 1 day pregnant, and is hanging in there like a trooper. She needs about 6 more weeks to be in a good spot in her pregnancy (her first daughter was born at 29 weeks and is a thriving almost-three year old). Babies can live past 24 weeks (sometimes even after 23 weeks), but she would really like to get to at least 28 weeks since the risk of long-term health problems goes down at that time. So, keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she navigates the next few very critical weeks in her pregnancy.

7-19-09-small-5


No comments: