Wednesday, July 29, 2009

6 Week Check-Up

I bundled Ginger up and took her with me to my 6 week post-partum check-up this morning. Paprika was at preschool, which was a blessing. The doctor's office is on the westside of Los Angeles, and it is quite a little drive to get there- about an hour each way.

Ginger did okay in the car. There was a lot of traffic, so it took forever to get there, and she wanted to be held so she cried almost the whole way there (and as much as I want to, I couldn't hold her while navigating a 12 lane freeway).

The visit was pretty routine- it was so nice being there without the stress I had during all my prenatal visits- wondering if everything was going to turn out okay.

I was a little sad when I left. After spending so much time at Dr. K's office these past few years, I will miss him. I won't miss the pain in the butt drive to the office. I will not miss the long waits to see Dr. K. But I will miss Dr. K anyway.

I wonder if I will continue to go to him as my doctor. It's quite a commitment to drive 1 hour each way to see him when there are a zillion perfectly good OBs near me. We do have a history, and that has to count for something. He is one of the only people who was present with all the things we went through with Vivian and Annemarie, and so if I don't go to him, I feel like part of my connection to them will be gone. I know that's kind of a weird way to think about things, but it's one of the reasons I tolerate all the inconveniences of going to Dr. K.

Even though it's been a rocky road, I am so grateful to him for all of the support and care he's given our family these past four years. So, I'm thinkin' we'll probably stick with him.

No comments: