Saturday, July 18, 2009

Date Night and Prayer Request

7-18-09-small-2

Mr. Mustard and I went out on a date tonight! It was awesome! Mr. Mustard's mom watched Paprika for us, and we took Ginger with us out on our date. It's crazy how when Paprika was a baby we thought she was so overwhelming, but now just taking Ginger with us seems like a "quiet evening" out. We went to Sushi Roku and walked around the surrounding shops in Old Town. We flipped through magazines at Barnes and Noble, and window shopped at Tiffany. It was fun!

Meanwhile, Paprika stayed home with Grandma and got some quality one-on-one time with her. They worked on potty training and just hung out and played pretend.

I think it's important to get that one-on-one time as much as possible. When Paprika was a baby, we spent all our time with just her...so I am glad for these times when Mr. Mustard and I get to focus all of our attention on Ginger. That's also one of the benefits of Ginger staying up all night...it's those times when I get to just focus all my attention on just her.

Last, but definitely not least...


For my friends and family who are the praying type, please keep my friend Devon and her family in your prayers. I met Devon one year ago through my pregnancy and infant loss support group, and we have become very close friends. She is currently 21 weeks pregnant with a baby girl, and she has been admitted to the hospital. She will likely remain in the hospital for the rest of her pregnancy. Please pray that Devon will stay pregnant with her baby for many more weeks and months, and that her family will be strong during this very difficult time. Please see her blog for more info, and I will be updating here from time to time as I know more. Sending lots of love to the Mikels family...

No comments: