Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Give Up!

I give up on potty training! Okay, so not really...but after all the supportive comments and emails I've received, I realize that I'm gonna have to give Paprika her space and let her do this in her own time.

The drawback to that? She gets kicked out of preschool on September 1st if she's not potty trained, since she'll be three years old then and they don't let three year olds run around in diapers. She gets to have two accidents before she gets the boot.

So, I am going to have to look into finding her a different preschool, which is no small feat this late in the game.

I need for her to go to preschool. I know it's only three hours/day, but it's the only thing keeping me sane! For starters, those three hours are sometimes the only three hours I get to sleep. Well, more like I get to sleep from 4am until 7:30am, and then from 9am to 11am-- so total, I get to sleep 5.5 hours. If I had to wake up with Paprika in the morning (thank you Mr. Mustard for taking her to preschool every day), I would be getting up at 7:30 am, which means I would only get 3.5 hours of sleep each day. And that is just not enough!

Also, starting that first week in September, Mr. Mustard goes back to Dancing With The Stars, which is a much longer work day than what he's doing right now at Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Right now he gets home by 7:30 or 8, which is still long, but do-able. But once he's back at DWTS, it's a different ballgame...nights, weekends, the works. Once again, I will be by myself with these kids a lot...and I'm gonna need that 3 hour preschool break every day!

I also need to figure out something for us to do in the afternoons because hanging out inside our condo is not doing it. Paprika is still loving the pool at our friends' house, but we can't do that every day. She really wants to do other stuff (like our old rounds of Disneyland, Children's Museum, Park, etc.), but with it still being so hot here, I just can't take Ginger out in that heat.

All the indoor playgrounds are a little too overwhelming for me to do by myself at this point. Mr. Mustard says that the big indoor playground nearby reminds him of an afternoon in Fallujah. It can get pretty insane with all the big kids jumping and pushing everyone around. It really is a free-for-all. Not somewhere I want to bring my 5 week old baby.

Sigh. I want a yard. I want a yard. I want a yard. (That's the 3 year old in me talking). Someday!

No comments: