Saturday, May 30, 2009

Santa Barbara!

5-30-09-small-1

Mr. Mustard starts his short-term gig today (Saturday), and wouldn't you know it, it is in Santa Barbara. He's finishing up a movie he started working on over a year ago...and they're editing it at the director's house up here. Mr. Mustard has access to a personal chef while he's on the job. Sounds pretty awesome to me!

5-30-09-small-2


So, we packed up Friday morning and caravaned up to Santa Barbara. Let me tell you, that's JUST what I wanted to be doing at 36 weeks pregnant! Grrrrr. But, we made it. Luckily, Mr. Mustard's college buddy, Tim, is able to house-sit for us while we're gone. That makes things a lot easier on us while we're away.

5-30-09-small-4

I am now 36 weeks! Woo-hoo! That's just:

1 week until full-term (37 weeks)
2-3 weeks until likely induction (38-39 weeks)
4 weeks until my official due date (40 weeks)


The baby is very noticeable now at all times! To quote my BFF, Ann, it feels like the baby is under a very thin blanket, and that blanket is my stomach!

Mr. Mustard is very ready for me to be finished being pregnant. Very ready. I have to admit, I am much more emotional and more moody this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to meet this baby and I am so in love. At the same time, I have anxiety that I've never had before and each day is very hard emotionally. It's a very different pregnancy than any of the ones I've had previously!

For example, the other day when we were at the indoor playground, I bumped my head really hard (ouch!) and Mr. Mustard started laughing hysterically. I had a magazine in my hand and started beating him with it...which of course made him laugh even harder...which made me hit him even harder! I'm so glad he thought it was hilarious because I was a little out of my mind! I don't usually go around beating people with magazines!

Let's just say, I'm a little on edge, and I fully realize that... ;-)

5-30-09-small-5

While we're staying up in Santa Barbara, I will be going back to Los Angeles for my doctor's appointments. I am not supposed to be travelling, but I am not quite sure what the alternative is. And Santa Barbara is only 3 hours away from our hospital...and they do have a really wonderful, state-of-the art hospital here, if we need to go somewhere quickly.

In the meantime, Paprika is having a grand old time up here being doted on by her mommy, daddy, and Grandma Pat! She is one lucky little lady!

5-30-09-small-9


No comments: