Saturday, May 16, 2009

March of Dimes Walk

5-16-09-small-3


Today, Paprika and I woke up bright and early (5:30am) and made the long trek to Simi Valley to support our friends, Devon and Rob, in their March of Dimes Walk for Babies. They were walking on behalf of their daughter, Riley, who was born at 29 weeks and is now a thriving 2 1/2 year old (she was born 7 days before Paprika), and on behalf of their twin sons, Blake and Ethan, who were born at 23 weeks last March and lived for just a few days.

5-16-09-small-2


I did not walk, of course! I had a hard time getting from the car to the picinic area! But I wanted to go and show my support, so we went to cheer everyone on.

Paprika had a great time until the very end...when she had the biggest meltdown on Planet Earth. I think everyone in the crowd was looking at me thinking, "At least I'm not that mom!" So, we had to make a quick exit. As soon as I got Paprika in the car, she fell fast asleep and when she woke up it was as if nothing had happened!

It was wonderful to be part of such an important event, and to be surrounded by Devon's friends and family. I hope that we get invited back next year!

5-16-09-small-1



No comments: