Saturday, May 9, 2009

33 Weeks!

Today marks my 33rd week of pregnancy! We are really in the homestretch now...hopefully in 6 or 7 more weeks, I'll be delivering this little one. The baby is super active now- and there's not a minute that goes by that I am not fully aware of being pregnant.

My doctor's appointment on Thursday went really well. It was a pretty "nothing" appointment. He just did weight, blood pressure, urine, and checked the baby's heartbeat on a doppler. I can pretty much do all that at home!

But I went, and he said everything looks fine- good even. My blood pressure is staying low. I have a bunch of other symptoms of pre-eclampsia (headaches, nausea, swollen hands and feet, pain in the right side of the abdomen)- but as long as the blood pressure is down and there isn't an excess of protein in the urine, then I'm okay. And I am so thankful for that because as much as I want to hold this baby in my arms, I also know that this baby can benefit from at least a few more weeks in utero.

The baby is super active now. Kicking, punching, and ready to be free! I think that it must be getting pretty cramped in there! Dr. K said we would be doing at least one more ultrasound before the birth, but I'm not sure when that's going to happen. Maybe at the next appointment? I'm going every two weeks now and will soon go once per week.

I'm still having the horrible, horrible round ligament pain in my pelvis and terrible, awful back pain. The back pain is likely due to the baby's position and the fact that my placenta is anterior (in the front). I think both back and pelvic pain are going to stay with me through the end. Still, with only 6 more weeks to go, there is an end in sight and I really can't complain because we are so grateful for this child! I would go through any amount of pain to bring our baby home from the hospital.

We have started to prepare our home for the baby. Michi, a dear friend of mine in Germany, crocheted the most exquisite coming home outfit for the baby. It is so incredibly beautiful, and so special. My Aunt Laura crocheted a gorgeous baby blanket, and has sent us lots of gifts for the little one. Ann has gone overboard in lavishing this baby with a whole new wardrobe. And I've been doing a little shopping of my own. So, needless to say, the baby is set!


No comments: