Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15th

vam-small-1


Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. People around the globe will be lighting a candle at 7pm in their time zone to create a wave of light to remember babies who have passed away.

I will be lighting a candle for our identical twin angels, Vivian and Annemarie, as well as for the babies of dear friends and family members. I am glad that this day exists because it allows people to talk about babies who are otherwise rarely mentioned. But the day also makes me really sad. Sad that this day needs to exist. Sad that babies die, and sad that no one wants to talk about it.

I am sort of up and down in my grief about losing the twins. Some days I feel fine. Other days not so much. We are obviously moving forward with our lives and finding joy. We are busy building our family, and enjoying Ginger and Paprika and all the happiness they bring to our family. But we still miss Vivian and Annemarie. We still wish they were here.

Please join me in lighting a candle tonight for the babies who aren't here for their parents and siblings to enjoy...babies gone too soon.

leaf-2


No comments: