Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good Day!

10-15-09-small-1


We had such a busy day today. First of all, down to business- the first picture is of my new hair color/cut. I think I like it. Mr. Mustard says I look "exotic" and that it makes my "eyes pop"- both of which I am taking as a compliment. Although him saying that is making me wonder if we've been watching a little too much Project Runway together...

This morning I had a doctor's appointment on the westside of Los Angeles. Dr. K recommended that I go see a neurologist for all of the intense, and non-stop headaches I've been having over the past year. My headaches have been horrible...and cannot be cured by Tylenol, caffeine, or any herbal remedies. I was really starting to wonder if I had a brain tumor (a bit dramatic, I know...)

So, we went today and I got checked out by the neurologist and have been diagnosed with chronic migranes...very treatable, but not while you're nursing because all of the medications available are incompatible with breastfeeding.

Since I was planning on breastfeeding Ginger for two years like I did Paprika, it was a bummer to hear that the migranes are not treatable while nursing. I'm just going to see how I can cope. Hopefully the next year and 9 months won't be too hard to handle with daily migraines. ;-) At the moment, we're taking it one day at a time and at this point I don't want to stop breastfeeding Ginger. So hopefully we can figure out a way to manage the pain without medication.

10-15-09-small-2


We had to wait forever to see the neurologist this morning...and by the time we got out of there, we were famished. So, we picked up Paprika from preschool and all had lunch at our fave, Chipotle. Then, we headed to the park to let Paprika run off some steam...or swing off some steam! It was fun!

10-15-09-small-3


Paprika had lots of fun watching the high school track meet that was taking place at the park and cheering from a nearby tree. I thought it was pretty funny that the tree had the name "FINN" carved into it- we did NOT do that, I promise! But, how appropriate!

10-15-09-small-4


No comments: