Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Night To Remember

10-20-09--small-1


Last night I joined Mr. Mustard for a Cast & Crew screening of Disney's A Christmas Carol. It was at the El Capitan Theater in the heart of Hollywood.

Being back in Hollywood brought back many memories. It was kind of like going home. I spent the first four years of my life in LA living in either Hollywood or West Hollywood...so it was truly the old stomping grounds. I got so nostalgic for the glitz and glamour of the neon at night that I almost forgot what that place looks like during the day. ;-) It sure is pretty at night, though!

Back to the screening...it was really exciting! There was a strict "no cell phone, no camera" policy (they were checking bags and wanding people at the door). I respected that- although I was on pins & needles because it was our first time leaving Ginger with a babysitter! My friend Jessica watched the girls, which I thought was pretty appropriate because Jessica was also Paprika's first babysitter.

The movie was exquisite, magnificant, gorgeous, and thrilling. I sat there feeling like this was how people back in the 1920s felt when they first saw The Jazz Singer. It felt revolutionary. The 3D animation is so gorgeous, and it felt so appropriate and tied to the story. Even though A Christmas Carol is a story I know well, the film felt new and current. The script was true to the original, yet exciting and fresh. Awesome is the one word I can think of to describe it and even that doesn't really come close.

It was truly a night to remember! (And in case you're wondering, Ginger did great...)

No comments: