Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Daddy's Day and the GTT

4-1-09-small-3


Mr. Mustard made good on the promises I made for him yesterday, and took Paprika to the Children's Museum and the park! Daddy really knows how to multi-task!

4-1-09-small-2


I woke up at the crack of dawn to drive across Los Angeles to my doctor's appointment for the three hour Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) to test for Gestational Diabetes. It took me over an hour and a half to get to the appointment! I drove about 12 miles per hour the whole way. I usually go when it's not rush hour, but today I had to brave the morning rush because they had to time the four blood draws just right.

Things were much easier going to our doc's office when we lived 7 minutes away, door to door! But we're so comfortable with our doctor, and we've been with him for so long, that I really don't mind driving across town to see him. He knows our history, and to us, that's pretty important, all things considered.

I fasted from yesterday until I took the 100g glucose drink this morning- then they do four blood draws, one each hour. I waited in the waiting room the whole time, which wasn't so bad because I brought our portable DVD player and headphones, and watched Gone With The Wind while I waited. Before I knew it, the appointment was over, and I was headed back across town. I should get my results by Friday - let's hope for good ones!

While I was gone, Mr. Mustard and Paprika had loads of fun. Here are some pics from their day together!


















No comments: