Friday, April 24, 2009

30w 5d Appointment & Ultrasound

30w5d baby 5-small-2

I had a wonderful doctor's appointment on Thursday. It was your basic "check-up" and everything is looking soooo good. I am trying not to let it go to my head, but man, it was nice to have such a smooth appointment!

My blood pressure was way down to pre-pregnancy levels (100/70), which is much lower than it has ever been during pregnancy (the nurse was so surprised she checked it twice). I only gained 7 pounds last month, which is GREAT! Before I was gaining about 12 pounds/month. Now mind you, most people gain about 5 pounds/month during the third trimester, so I am still "above average" in weight gain, so it's not like I'm starving myself or anything. ;-)

I had an ultrasound, and the baby is looking beautiful! The baby is no longer breech, and is now in the head down (vertex) position. The baby is now just under 4.5 pounds, which is a great weight for this gestation! The baby is measuring about three weeks to a month larger than an average baby, which is just where Paprika was (good thing I kept this blog back then so I can remember these details)! The ultrasound tech and Dr. K both commented on how long the baby's legs are. We've got a long-legged babe here! And, of course, the most important and wonderful part of the ultrasound for me was seeing the heart beating away. Such a beautiful sight!

When I got home, Mr. Mustard and I took Paprika out to Islands (a hamburger joint) for lunch. I am still anemic, so I had to get some iron for me and the baby in the form of a juicy burger...a little reward for a wonderful appointment!

I go for appointments now every two weeks, and then in a few weeks I'll start to go weekly. I'm getting so excited. Is it June yet?

No comments: