Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Evening Walks

4-16-09-small-5


Since the weather is heating up, we have been taking advantage of the cool hours just before sunset to take walks through our neighborhood. We have gone a few times over the past week. Last week (when I took these pictures), it was even cool enough for a sweater. It's not that cool now, but at least it's not sweltering just before sunset.

4-16-09-small-6


Our weather here during the day has been staying in the high 90s. Today it is 97 degrees! All of this heat makes me really want to move to the coast (the other side of Los Angeles) where it's about 15-20 degrees cooler. Right now, for example, it's 97 degrees here and it's 68 degrees in Manhattan Beach and 73 degrees in Malibu! That's the difference 20 or 30 miles can make!

4-16-09-small-7


We are going to be house searching in the fall. Yea! I am so ready for a backyard! I figure if we have a big backyard, even if it's hot we can create shade with an awning, use the big baby pool, get some sprinklers, and have room to really run and play. Can you tell I've been dreaming about this a lot lately?

Being almost 8 months pregnant in 97 degree weather is less than fun! I want to lay in my backyard with a tall glass of lemonade and watch Paprika splash on the slip and slide! Doesn't that sound like the best? Dreaming...

No comments: