Monday, November 9, 2009

Truly Living

11-09-09-small-1


We snuck out to the park for a little sun after Ginger woke up from her nap today. It was crisp, and felt like Fall, and it was so good to get out of the house.

11-09-09-small-9


I can't tell you how much these girls light up my life. I know there will be a day when they don't want to hang out with me anymore, but until that day, I'm soaking it all up. Every last drop.

11-09-09-small-2


There is something so magical about spending time with a little girl who says things like, "This little piggy went to the market. This little piggy stayed home. This little piggy had roast feet. This little piggy had none."

Or who says, "Goodnight, Mommy! I hope you have sleep dreams!" So sweet!

Or, "Oh no, I have the pick-ups!" when she really has the hiccups.

11-09-09-small-8


There is beauty everywhere, if you look around. Paprika spotted these two perfect roses today, and they reminded me of Vivian and Annemarie. Sometimes I feel like they are right here with us, laughing right alongside us as we amble through our daily lives.

11-09-09-small-5


There is so much we can focus on that is wrong. I have that, too. But it's the times when I step outside myself and focus on what's right when I feel like I am living, truly living the life I was meant to live.

Moments like when a baby discovers her hands for the first time. It is exciting to wonder what these hands can do, what they will do, and how they will positively shape the world.

11-09-09-small-3


Each day is an opportunity to choose to live fully and embrace possibility. These two souls show me that each day, and I could not be more grateful to witness it.

No comments: