Thursday, November 19, 2009

Doc Visit

Just got back from the doctor's office. They did a bunch of x-rays, and haven't called back yet with the results, but I am hopeful that all will be clear and that "shadow" they saw the last time I went in is nothing to be concerned about.

I talked to the doctor about my all-night coughing and the fact that I'm coughing up blood. She said she thinks it's pulmonary inflammation (basically just inflammed lungs). She prescribed Prednisone and a codeine cough syrup. But if I take either one of those, then I have to stop nursing...at least while I'm taking it and for a few days afterwards. I asked her what would happen if I didn't take the medication, and she said that the inflammation will go away on its own in time...but that it might take a long time.

So, that's where we are. I'm not ready to give up or suspend nursing, especially since today is the start of a very stressful couple of days in our house. Mr. Mustard is going to be very very very busy until Tuesday editing the Dancing With The Stars season finale...and it's really not a good time for me to, you know, totally shake up our newborn baby's life and schedule.

I'm really frustrated, but I guess that's kind of the trade-off to nursing. You make sacrifices, and that's okay. I am going to keep drinking my hot tea with honey, eating lots of nutrient-rich foods, taking vitamin C and my other vitamins, and hopefully this cough will work itself out on its own.

No comments: