Saturday, December 19, 2009

Prayers

I got a phonecall this afternoon that my Grandpa is in the hospital. He was admitted this morning. I am very very worried about him. It's one of the hardest things about living so far away from my family...not being able to be there when something happens.

My first inclination is to get on a plane right now and get there. I am waiting to hear how things are going before I do that. If they get more serious, I will be going.

I went back to the doctor yesterday. He put me on new steroids and new antibiotics -and I am hoping, hoping that they work this time. He thinks that I have a drug-resistant bacterial infection and pneumonia.

After three months of being sick, I feel like I maybe almost might be done after this new round of medications. The last thing I want to do is get on a plane and catch something else because I am at the end of my rope with being sick. I've been trying to stay outdoors in public because I think everytime I go indoors where there are crowds of people, I go back to square one.

So, I guess I am really frustrated. I want to be there at my Grandpa's bedside. But I don't know if it's the best idea for me to go there considering how sick I've been.

Please keep my Grandpa, my Grandma, and the rest of my family in your prayers. I am just so worried about my Grandpa. He's been such a big part of my life for my whole life, and I just don't want to think about losing him. He's really really important to me.

Also, please keep my best friend Ann and her family in your prayers. Ann's step-dad, Vic, died on Thursday after being diagnosed with several brain tumors last month. His death has hit Ann's family very hard, and they are grieving the loss of someone very dear to their family.

Everything feels so heavy at the moment. I know I like to keep this blog light and bright, but sometimes I get sad, too...

Thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

No comments: