Friday, December 25, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

12-24-09-sm-1


On Christmas Eve, we spent the day at the park and playground. Came home, and made cookies from scratch for Santa and his reindeer. They were my first attempt at making cookies from scratch, and they were disgusting! Totally inedible. But Paprika didn't seem to notice, and Santa liked them so much that he ate ALL of them. ;-)

Then we let Paprika and Ginger open one present...well, two presents...

12-24-09-sm-2


The first present was their matching Christmas pajamas, which Mr. Mustard said wasn't really a very fun present.


12-24-09-sm-4


So, we let them open another. Paprika got an Ergo Baby Carrier for herself. She keeps calling it her Baby Bjorn.

12-24-09-sm-3


Ginger had fun playing with the presents under the Christmas tree.

12-24-09-sm-5


She tried to open some and managed to get quite a few ribbons off the presents.

12-24-09-sm-6


As for me, I liked seeing my presents under the tree, too. One in particular!

12-24-09-sm-7


Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas. Paprika found the holiday very magical, so much so that she stayed up pretty much the whole night waiting for Santa to arrive. That meant that I also stayed up pretty much the whole night, and when I finally got to bed around 7am on Christmas morning, I fell back asleep just in time for Ginger to wake up! Thank goodness for caffeine!

More pics from our Christmas Day to come later. It's been a long day and I am ready to sit back and enjoy my Christmas chocolates that Santa brought me!

No comments: