Monday, December 28, 2009

First Tastes & Snow Day!

12-27-09-sm-1


We gave Ginger her first taste of food yesterday. Organic Unsweetened Applesauce. She was not a fan. Kind of reminds me of her big sister, Paprika. We will keep working on it.

12-27-09-small-2


In the afternoon, Mr. Mustard took Paprika to the Children's Museum. It was Snow Day, which means they had brought down snow from the mountains for the kids. Paprika has been reading all about snow in all of her winter books- and of course, she has no idea what snow really looks like since we don't get it here in Los Angeles. So, she was really excited about that.

I stayed home with Ginger to try to get her down for a nap while Mr. Mustard took Paprika to the Children's Museum. I was bummed that Mr. Mustard didn't bring the camera to take pictures of Paprika's "Snow Day." I guess her re-telling of it will have to be enough.

Snow Day was very magical for Paprika. I can imagine that being surrounded by mountains of snow while feeling the warm Southern California sun on your face would be magical.

My own childhood in Indiana was filled with lots of snow...but I can't say that I ever played in it during a 70 degree day! Ahhh...life in Southern California really can make you soft. Now we think it's cold when the weather hits 60 degrees. ;-)

No comments: