Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th

Today is September 11th. Do you remember September 11th, 2001? I do.

I remember my dad was visiting me in my apartment in West Hollywood. I remember my ex-stepmother calling on the phone, sobbing, telling us to turn on the TV and not to let my dad get on a plane that day (he was scheduled to fly back to Indiana that morning).

I remember turning on the television moments before the second tower fell.

I remember spending the day at Barney's Beanery, glued to the big screen televisions. I remember people flying big American flags on their cars...especially anyone who looked even remotely Middle Eastern.

I remember it like it was yesterday, and yet it seems today as if the whole world has moved on. I logged on to Facebook today and expected to see something about September 11th. But nope. Nothing. Nada. It made me really sad.

Well, we remember. We remember the victims and their families. We will never forget them. Life does move on, but we still remember and hold those affected by the tragedy in our hearts and prayers. We cannot forget.

No comments: