Friday, September 11, 2009

Odds & Ends

9-11-09-small-3


We're still looking at houses, and it is still a source of endless frustration! We made an offer on a house in Redondo Beach on Tuesday, and it was not accepted. We were pretty bummed because we thought it was a good offer.

We were in the process of looking at another house that is going up for Auction, but I toured it yesterday and am pretty convinced it was a Meth House, and so we're gonna pass on that one. It's a shame, too, because it was in such a good location!

The house is in a great neighborhood, but it has all the signs of being a former drug den, and if you have read anything about methamphetamine, then you know that it gets into the walls and insulation, the air ducts, the floors...everything...and you have to demo the house to get rid of the toxic chemicals. The toxic chemicals associated with meth are very health hazardous. We're not bringing our babies into a toxic drug den, that's for sure!

So, we'll keep looking. Looking for a decent house in Los Angeles is a full-time job and a half. I'm kinda sick of looking non-stop at house after house. But we don't really have a choice because our townhouse is so small and has zero yard, and it's just not working out for us anymore.

And I don't want to rent because it's throwing money away, and wherever we move, we'll want to stay for awhile because of the cost of moving. It sure is more complicated moving with two kids than it was when it was just me, by myself, packing up a few boxes and moving from place to place.

9-11-09-small-2


I am also bummed because the photo equipment I ordered months ago is still on backorder (the camera is backordered everywhere and is not available anywhere). I am getting by with my little Rebel XTi, but I was so hoping to upgrade cameras. This camera is working out okay, but I really was looking forward to the upgrade. So, I am thinking of cancelling that order (since it's been months now and it is still not available) and looking into getting a different camera.

Or, maybe I will just keep my Rebel XTi for now and make do with it. It is doing an okay job, I just know how much better my photos could be with a better camera...and goodness knows, I can be a perfectionist when it comes to these things! Can you blame me?

9-11-09-small-1


The weather here is still in the high 90s, and it is driving me nuts. C'mon Fall! Bring us your cool weather already.

So, I guess this is a bit of a Debbie Downer post- and I don't meant to come across that way. Somedays I just feel a bit stuck. Stuck in circumstances that aren't changing the way I'd like for them to change. It's easy to complain, but I also know that things are good and could be so much worse. I am thankful for today, I am thankful for our home, I am thankful for my beautiful family. Thankful, grateful, and hopeful for the future. :-)

No comments: