Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Two Months Old!

8-15-09-small-2c


Ginger is two months old today. Having her in our family, well, it's just been amazing.

She is sweet, and wonderful, engaging, and soooo smiley. She is easy going and fun to be near. I am not sure if it's because we learned so much from Paprika's early days, or if it is just because Ginger is so laid back...but she fits right in and I find myself so much calmer this time around.

I can't believe she's already two months old. I find myself wanting her babyhood to stay with us. I savor it so much, every single moment of it. She is perfect, and just the most wonderful addition to our family.

I'm not sleeping as much as I should be, but that's okay. I'm trying to fit everything in: being a present and attentive parent to Paprika...being a nurturing and attached parent to Ginger...being a good partner to Mr. Mustard...being a good housekeeper for us all...it's a lot to juggle, but I think I do an okay job most days.

The past two months have gone by so quickly, and I can't believe that she is already holding her head up, getting so big, and outgrowing all those newborn clothes!

I remember Paprika at this stage, and some days that seems like a lifetime ago. It really goes so much faster than any of us want it to...

8-15-09-small-4

I know there are big changes on the horizon for our family. Paprika is three and is becoming such a big girl. She is going to transition out of her crib later this week into a toddler bed. I'm so not ready for that- potty training and a "real bed" all in the span of one month. Paprika may be ready, but I am not!

8-15-09-small-5

We're going to start our house hunt again in a month or two. I am so ready to be in a bigger house with a yard. I find myself going a bit stir-crazy in our condo, and long for a fenced in place where Paprika can have fun outdoors without me having to chase her down. She can run SO fast these days, and going out in public by myself with her is not really an option at the moment.

I know that getting a house won't fix everything, but I do feel it will fix some things. I just wish the stakes weren't so high in the Los Angeles housing market. It's harder to buy here than elsewhere for so many reasons...and sometimes it all seems overwhelming. A 4 bedroom house with a yard in a good school district, is that too much to hope for?

Living in Los Angeles is exciting, but sometimes it is just really hard. Crowded, expensive, full of concrete. But it never snows. So we save on mittens and snowboots.

I am grateful that I get to stay home with Paprika and Ginger- it is so challenging, but rewarding. These days are going by so quickly...all too quickly.

8-15-09-small-6


No comments: