Saturday, August 8, 2009

6 Years!

8-5-09-small-2

We spent the day at the beach, playing in the surf...building sand castles...making friends...enjoying the sunshine...marveling at the majesty of a fiery sunset. It was an incredible day, and I realized with every passing moment how truly lucky we are...to be here, together, enjoying a day like today.

In case you're wondering, we did not build this sand castle...a guy from Arizona spent five hours working on it, and it was so incredible, I had to take a picture (or two) of it. Paprika thought it was just about the neatest thing ever, and she had quite a lot of fun playing with it (albeit very gently). Our sand castles were a little less intricate. ;-)

This evening, my mom watched the girls while Mr. Mustard and I snuck away to sit by ourselves on the beach and watch the sun set. Then we had the most wonderful dinner out together at our favorite little Italian restaurant- we drank wine and laughed until they shut the place down for the night.

8-5-09-small-3

Tomorrow marks 6 years since Mr. Mustard and I said "I do". In 6 years, so much has changed in our lives...and we have experienced some pretty incredible highs and lows- to put it mildly. ;-) The world looks much different to me today than it did on this day 6 years ago, but one thing is constant- the support and love of the most incredible man I have ever met. I am the luckiest girl in the world!


No comments: