Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tuesday

8-11-09-small-3

My mom went home early Tuesday morning. Mr. Mustard headed with her to the airport at 4:30am, so she could make her 6:30am flight! When I picked Paprika up at preschool, she wanted to know where her Grammy was. Paprika wanted to go play in the pool with Grammy, and I had to explain to her that Grammy went home, and that her home is very far away (about 2000 miles).

8-11-09-small-2

I think that's the biggest sacrifice we face living in California...being so far away from my family. I miss my Aunt Laura and Uncle Kevin, my Grandma and Grandpa, my mom, Eric, Robbie, my dad, Uncle Rob and Aunt Jackie, Uncle Ed and Aunt Jeanette, all my cousins, Ann and Len and their kids...just everyone, really. It is very hard for me sometimes...most of the time, really! I think you can't really know how much you will miss your family until you have children, and want your children to grow up knowing your family.

8-11-09-small-1

We are hoping to get out to Indiana this year for a visit. :-) It's definitely very challenging travelling with a two year old and a newborn! I am pretty scared to attempt it. Travelling with Paprika was hard enough- so adding Ginger into the mix? Sounds like a recipe for hair pulling and tears - on my part! So, we'll have to see how brave I get, and if Mr. Mustard can get some time off work to accompany me.

8-11-09-small-4

I know a lot of people live far away from their families and they get through it alright. I just get sad about it some days. But then I look at Mr. Mustard, and at the sweet faces of these girls and they cheer me up quite a bit, and I know all the sacrifices we make are worth it.

No comments: