Friday, August 21, 2009

Last Day Of Summer

8-21-09-small-4


Today was the last day of Paprika's summer preschool. Having her at preschool from 9-12 am, Monday through Friday has been so good for all of us. Since Paprika doesn't nap anymore, it gives me some alone time with Ginger, and lets me get caught up around the house. Paprika has loved being at preschool, and looks forward to it every day.

8-21-09-small-3


When I pick her up, all she does is talk about her teachers, her friends, everything they did that day, the songs they sang, and all the artwork they've made. We have enough of Paprika's artwork to fill a gallery. ;-)

8-21-09-small-2


Paprika will have a week off, and I know she's going to miss everyone at school so much. Fall preschool starts the next week, so she won't have to wait long to see everyone again. She will be in the 3 year old class - she potty trained right in time- yea!

8-21-09-small-5


Ginger turned 9 weeks old yesterday! She is getting so big. We have her doctor's appointment on Monday and I'm interested to see how she's growing. I think she's tracking similarly to Paprika. At Paprika's 2 month appointment, she was almost 15 pounds and was 26 inches long. She was in the 99% for weight and height. I think Ginger will be similar- she feels heavier to me now and she is definitley chunking up. She is also growing so tall.

Ginger is trying so hard to talk to us. When we talk to her, she will look in our eyes and answer back with her baby coos. She also smiles and laughs whenever we talk to her. She will look right in our eyes and let out a giggle. It's not quite a big belly laugh yet, but I'll take a giggle any day of the week.

Paprika has had a great time being a big sister to her. She wants to do everything- including "pump the baby's milk"- that has proved interesting...since she takes my pump and hooks it up to her bellybutton. She has the right idea, though!

Ginger only likes to sleep in my arms or in the Baby Bjorn, which is why I have perfected the art of typing one handed...doing everything one handed, actually!

Sometimes I am amazed at the things I get done while holding her. Yesterday, I went to the bathroom, nursed Ginger, changed Paprika's dress, and fed the cat all at the same time. This is definitely not how I envisioned my life when I was in law school, but I am loving it more than I could ever have imagined.

8-21-09-small-1


No comments: