Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pool Day, Milestones, and Quirks

8-26-09-small-1


We spent most of the afternoon at the pool. It was nice and low-key. Paprika will be excited going back to preschool on Monday, but I am really loving having her home in the mornings this week. I thought it would be "too much" for me, but it has been really manageable. I think she gets really tired at preschool, and then won't nap, which makes her really hard to handle in the afternoons. Since she's been home this week, she's been getting more rest at night (but still not napping) and not getting so worn out. It's made life easier, actually...which surprised me!

8-26-09-small-5


Ginger is very peaceful and sweet. She loves "talking" to us, and she is full of smiles. She is super laid back, and loves to be wherever we are. As long as she is close to me, she is very happy. She has very good neck control and can hold her head up for a few minutes at at time. She's still wobbly and gets tired after a few minutes of holding her head up, though.

Ginger can roll from side to back now, and she is so strong! Her 0-3 month pants look like capri pants, but I am having such a hard time putting those 0-3 month clothes away. I feel like she just started wearing them, so I am in denial that they could really be too small already. Mr. Mustard tells me that the longer I wait to put her in 3-6 month clothes, the less time she will get to wear those clothes. I bought this outfit for her, and she wore it for the first time the day after she was born. It was SO huge on her then, and now she is too big for it. Amazing.

8-26-09-small-4


Paprika has some funny three year old quirks I want to remember. The newest one is that whenever she doesn't know someone's name, she calls them "Alice." "Hey Alice, come here and play with me!" It doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl- a two year old or a six year old. Everyone is "Alice." We don't even know anyone named Alice!

Paprika loves princesses...I mean, she loves them! She loves musicals, and performing more than anything else. She loves acting out skits, memorizing scenes from movies, and performing them for me. Yesterday, she put on a half hour play for me...one she memorized from one of her many Princess movies we have on dvd.

She loves to sing. But she doesn't like it when I sing (still). This has been the case since she was an infant! She likes me to sing her a song when she's falling asleep at night (Bye Bye Miss American Pie or Rockabye Baby). Other than that, if I start singing, she will get so upset and tell me to stop. But, if I sing to Ginger, she doesn't mind that at all. I think because she loves Ginger so much and knows a mommy is supposed to sing to her baby.

We are looking in to starting dance classes for Paprika. I think with all of her energy, she would really enjoy it. It would give us something to do in the long afternoons/evenings. Mr. Mustard has been working a lot again. This is his last week on Extreme Makeover Home Edition - next week he starts working on Dancing With The Stars again. He is also working on The Doctors when time permits. Needless to say, I am alone with the girls a lot and want to find fun, enriching things to do with them!

8-26-09-small-3



No comments: