Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Buddy!

9-8-11-8-500


I am still so sick, and was sick yesterday, too. Mr. M took the girls up to Santa Barbara for the party, and I stayed home. Pics of their fabulous day will follow in another post.

I hung out at home with Daisy and rested my body and my voice. Daisy was so good all day - a really great companion. It made me see what she is like without the little kids around, and it was just such a world of difference. She was the perfect dog all day and she took such good care of me!

I really wanted to go see The Help in the theater - but with my coughing, I could tell that was a bad idea. So, I instead I rented Soul Surfer from Amazon video on demand. It was a surprisingly great movie...a definite recommend for a family-friendly movie (although I would probably fast forward past the shark attack if I watched it with young viewers). Anyhoo- it was just the perfect feel-good movie to give me a little pick-me-up during my pity party. :-)

I missed Mr. M and the girls so much. They were just gone about 11 hours total - but it's the first time the girls have been in a different city than me, and I was so worried the whole time. But, they got home safe and sound, and everyone had a great time...so it was worth it!

Now, I just need to start feeling better. I have no time to be sick! So, enough already! Ha! ;-)

9-8-11-7-500



3 comments:

Tracy said...

We watched Soul Surfer at church. Afterward, Sam walked around with his arm tucked behind his back. ;)
I hope you feel better soon!

Kim said...

Good movie picks:) I just saw The Help and it was fabulous and I have been wanting to see Soul Surfer so I'm glad to know it's a good one! You definitely sound like you have had your fair share of this illness. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Sheila said...

I just love that Daisy is a camera bug! She could be in commercials with that face.

"The Help", loved the book and the movie. Treat yourself to both if you can.

Sending you get well wishes and hugs for a speedy recovery.