Saturday, September 1, 2012

To The Motherland!

9-1-12-33

Baby Violet's first trip on an airplane! She was excited! :-) I was white-knuckling it a little, but I figured that all I had to do was get through the next six hours and it would be over. We met some great people on the plane (I always do!)- and it was actually kinda fun...you know, in retrospect. ;-)

9-1-12-20


Violet was excited to see her Grandpa and Nana Nancy. She hadn't seen them in nine months, which was kind of a long time ago to her. Ha!

9-1-12-21

Me and my baby brother, Robbie. Except he isn't such a baby anymore. And he's a foot taller than me. How did that happen?! Violet pretty much only slept in the Ergo the whole trip. So, I basically carried her around all the time. Which might explain why I ate like a linebacker and still managed to lose weight. :-)

9-1-12-22

Uncle Robbie hard at work. His work looked so fun, I kinda wanted a job there:

9-1-12-23-800

Of course, I had to see Ann, my sister from another mister...and another mother. Details, details! ;-)

9-1-12-24

Here we are 18 years ago. I don't think we've changed a bit! Ha!

ann2


I was super excited Auntie Ann got to meet her newest neice. I think the feeling was mutual:

9-1-12-26

Uncle Robbie is driving now, and I got to meet his wheels! :-)

9-1-12-27

Grandpa holding his newest neice. She was smitten with her Grandpa:

9-1-12-30

And, of course, the big highlight of the trip was spending time with the Grand Matriarch of the family...my Grandma and Violet's Great Grandma (we call her Mimi)! I loved seeing these two together...my Grandma is soooo very special to me:

9-1-12-32

After too short a trip, it was time to say goodbye. Violet was all smiles (and wiggles) on the ride home. She didn't sleep a wink on the plane - of course. I ended up having an amazing conversation for six hours with a lady on the plane - so the ride went by lickety split...and then we were home!

9-1-12-19

And so, after not sleeping hardly a wink in Indiana, someone was ready to rest! :-)

9-1-12-28

The End.

Pin It

No comments: