Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just Paprika Stuff

Paprika is very aware that I am pregnant. She loves to stick her stomach out as far as she can, lean her shoulders back, and pretend to look like mommy. She also is forever saying, "there's babies in mommy's tummy." Of course, I am forever correcting her saying, "there's a baby in mommy's tummy, one baby."

I still don't think that she understands that a baby might be coming home since...if you ask her where her sisters are, she points to an angel ornament we have hanging on our window. I don't know how she made the connection between the angel ornament and her sisters, since I have never pointed it out to her. But, she makes connections nonetheless. So, who knows what she's thinking!

Paprika is in a puzzle-loving phase. She is very into 24 and 48 piece puzzles- you know, regular type puzzles. I have tried to get her to do "toddler puzzles" but they are not challenging to her at all. So, we are skipping that phase and going straight to the big puzzles- I have to admit, not being a puzzle builder myself, I am learning a thing or two, too! ;-)

Paprika has also memorized every children's book in our house. We have a lot of books (a few hundred?). I find myself listening to her for hours every night as she "reads" me these books. I think she is actually reading some of them...not just speaking from memorization. I need to get her some new books and test out my theory.

Paprika is excellent at stalling on bedtime. Turns out, I am, too. Because Mr. Mustard is working nights, I put Paprika to bed and it's amazing how long we can spend on bathtime, storytime, and snuggle time. I think it's both of our favorite times of the evening. It's also when Paprika does her "let me read you one more book" routine. ;-)

So, that's what's going on with Paprika at 2 years, 5 months old. She is growing up so fast, and whew, I am trying to enjoy every minute of it.


No comments: