Monday, February 23, 2009

Doc Appointment Today

I had my doctor's appointment today: 22 1/2 weeks officially (although baby is measuring by ultrasound about two weeks larger). Nothing much new to report, thankfully!

This was the first appointment I did not have an ultrasound- and I probably won't have another ultrasound until 30 or 32 weeks. That seems like a long way away to me, considering I have had six ultrasounds already this pregnancy!

I am feeling a lot of movement lately. My placenta is anterior (in the front), which cushions a lot of movement, but I still get some kicks every now and then. I also had an anterior placenta with Paprika and with Vivian and Annemarie, so I am quite used to it!

The nurse did comment on my weight gain, which is to be expected, I guess. I was at a very good, normal, healthy weight when I got pregnant with Vivian and Annemarie, then gained about 35-40 pounds with them. There were only 8 weeks in between when I delivered them and this pregnancy, which didn't give me a whole lot of time to lose any of that weight- and I've been gaining ever since! Gaaah!

I reminded the nurse that I have been pregnant FOREVER (13 out of the past 15 months), and so that might explain why I'm not exactly a skinny-minnie. Ahhh, the joys of living in Los Angeles! ;-) Thankfully, the doctor did not bring up my weight- and I choose to listen to him and not the nurse!

We took Paprika to the appointment with us (Mr. Mustard entertained her in the downstairs cafe while I met with the doc). When we got to the office, Paprika started crying. I said, "Baby, what's wrong?" And she said, "I thought we were going to Disneyland!" I thought that was pretty funny...


No comments: