Thursday, March 1, 2007

Rubber Ducky!























This is Paprika's rubber ducky. She really really loves it! It keeps her occupied during bathtime, and is her new favorite toy.

In other news, let the moving insanity begin! I started going through the kitchen yesterday, and now, for the first time since we moved in two years ago, the kitchen cabinets are fully organized! Just in time to move! I got rid of a lot of stuff, and so the process is beginning, but it looks like a whirlwind came through the apartment.

Paprika was a sport today. We went to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping and we were there for a long time! The first place I got stuck in was the "baby aisle"-- there are so many options of food products, that it's just overwhelming! I am planning on making all of my own baby food, but I wanted to see if there were any "teething biscuits" for her to try- and there were too many options! I wanted to get the organic ones, but they were only for 9 months and up. I think Paprika really wants to chew on something edible, so I thought maybe I could give her a teething biscuit to give her something to work through her teething pain. Guess I'll be waiting a few more months on that. Oh well.

I also used coupons today for the very first time in my life! I was "that" shopper with the neverending stack of coupons- and I saved about 1/3 of the grocery bill, so it was worth it! I know I was very annoying to everyone else in line, but oh well! :-)

Last night Paprika ate her very first bite of real food! I made quesadillas for dinner, and I had mashed up some avocado and put it in a side bowl for dipping- kind of like guacamole, but not as spicy! Anyway, we were almost done eating the avocado and Paprika started reaching for it. So, I sat her up on my lap and let her try a taste or two. She seemed to really like it this time- at least she really liked being included in the dinner ritual.

I am definitely not going to force food on her, but will continue to make things she can eat and then let her eat them if she shows interest. I'm going to keep making her avocado every now and then, and will probably also introduce mashed bananas soon. It's not nutritionally necessary for her to eat solid food until after a year old- right now she's just exploring food. So, we're taking it slowly and we'll see how it goes! But, one or two bites last night was really exciting!


No comments: