Thursday, March 15, 2007

Splurge!


Today Paprika and I took a break from packing to go to the Century City mall and have lunch with my friend, Lauren. It was so great catching up with her and Paprika was great. I brought the stroller (which I pretty much never do) so that Paprika could sit in it while I ate lunch. Usually I have her on my lap and I'm often trying to eat while she tries to steal my food or grab my plate. It was a lot easier to eat with her on my lap when she was younger, but now she wants to touch everything and put it all in her mouth, so I brought the stroller for my sanity. It's a little bulky, but it was worth it. Lauren and I talked for an hour while Paprika stared happily up at us! So good.

Then, we said goodbye to Lauren, and Paprika and I splurged and went clothes shopping (for Paprika, not me)! My favorite clothing store for babies is at the Century City Mall-it's a South African store called Naartjie, and they have really adorable clothes. Since we'll be moving soon and I won't be shopping there anymore, I thought I should buy a few summer outfits while I still can. They are really precious- very frilly and girly! Paprika is now wearing 12-18 month clothes and weighs 21 pounds still.

Her favorite game for the past month or so has been peekaboo! She goes wild for it! It's a sure way to cheer her up whenever she gets tired or fussy. She's also making a lot more noises with her mouth- kind of like she's singing almost! Mr. Mustard taught her how to run her finger up and down across her mouth to make funny noises, and now she won't stop doing it. It's really cute!

These pictures were taken today while we were at the mall. By the end of the trip, Paprika fell asleep in her stroller and I thought it was so adorable I had to take a picture.

No comments: