Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Laundry




















Here are some photos of Paprika "helping" me with the laundry! She likes to play with the clothes while I fold them. Yesterday we went to Toys 'R Us and picked out some new toys for her. Now that she's 6 months, she is playing with everything and gets bored with just the same few toys. So, we selected some age-appropriate toys for her to play with. One is a toy xylophone like the one they have at our Mommy & Me class. She loves it!

The thought of moving is overwhelming me a little bit. I am able to take care of Paprika and keep up the house, etc., but adding moving to that is going to be a challenge. I know I need to start going through everything and eliminating things we don't need to move. We're planning on having a yard sale in a few weeks, so I need to get everything ready for that. Part of me just wants to drop everything off at Goodwill and save myself the trouble of a yard sale. We'll see how ambitious I'm feeling!

I still have to hire movers, get a cleaning crew for our new place, and box up everything here. I have no idea how I'm going to do that and take care of Paprika at the same time. Her naps are only about an hour and a half each day, and I use that time to do dishes, pay bills, clean up, eat lunch, check email, and take a shower! So, squeezing in time to go through everything and then box it up for the move is daunting. And adding a yard sale to that-- well, it seems like just a lot more to handle since I'll have to price everything, get organized about laying it all out, set up and clean up, etc. And then during the actual yard sale, Mr. Mustard will probably be working, so I will have Paprika and will be trying to do the yard sale at the same time by myself, which may turn out to be a recipe for comedy.

I guess I should just focus on baby steps-- starting in one room, getting a few things boxed up and then sorted for either moving, donation, or the yard sale. If Mr. Mustard does end up working, maybe I'll just box everything up to take to Goodwill and save the yard sale for our next move! :-)

No comments: