Friday, March 16, 2007

7 Months Today!
















Paprika Bliss turns 7 months old today! She now has her two bottom teeth and loves to chomp on anything and everything! She can sit unassisted indefinitely, and she has a great sense of humor- she laughs and laughs at everything, but especially "doggy" (Hauser's new nickname).

She rolls everywhere and can pivot 360 degrees with ease, so there's no corner she can't find on her own. She loves grabbing everything, and can hold on so tight that I can't get her to let go. Her favorite things to grab are her daddy's hair and her mommy's nose!

Paprika babbles non-stop when she's at home, but when she's out in public, she likes to be quiet and check everyone out. She is always laughing and smiling when we're at home. When we're out in public, she is more reserved and likes to really assess what is going on before she'll let out a grin.

She is fascinated by Megatron (our cat), and wants to pet her, but Meg usually skitters away after Paprika moves in to touch her. Hauser, on the other hand, will do anything to get Paprika's attention. When Paprika wakes up in the morning, after she's fed and changed, I say to her, "where's the doggy?" Hauser will then come in the room and Paprika will start laughing and smiling! It's really wonderful to see that connection.

Paprika loves playing with her daddy (and her mommy, too, of course!) Mr. Mustard and Paprika have father-daughter bonding time in the morning before he goes to work- and it lets me get a few more minutes of rest, which is a gift I love getting.

Paprika is still 100% breastfed and that is going really wonderfully. I thought it might become a bit tricky with the teeth, but it's not at all. She's pretty careful about being nice to her food source!

This has been the best 7 months of my life- so wonderful, full of surprises and unexpected gifts. When she was first born, I never wanted her to leave my sight because I was worried that someone or something might take her from me, or perhaps that something so good could not last for long. Now I know that this joy is lasting, and every day we have together just keeps getting better. Of course, I still don't want to let her out of my sight. She is the most amazing gift- I never knew a child could change a life so profoundly and for the better.

Time does seem to be speeding up- it feels like a moment ago she was 6 months old and now today she is 7 months. But maybe it's not that time is speeding up so much as that I'm just slowing down and the world continues to go at its own pace. I take moments to enjoy each day now, to relish each breath, each laugh, and to enjoy each smile. Even the tears are worth cherishing. Life is good and I'm glad to be here.

No comments: