Monday, August 13, 2012

Nine Months!

8-7-12-7


Last night I was looking through old blog posts and came across the one from when Ginger was nine months old. We had just moved to this house a few weeks before, and I was going crazy trying to set up house while chasing after her!

Well, two and a half years later, I am experiencing deja vu! Haha.

I have been keeping myself busy making this house "work" for all of us. Just last week I got a dresser for Violet on Craigslist. I had been hinting to Mr. M (for oh, about 10 months) that Violet needed a dresser. In the meantime, we had just been letting her use one of our dresser drawers.

Well, last Friday I got on my organizing bug and decided to get Violet her own dresser. I loaded up the kids in the van (after wrestling out our extra van seat to make room) - and then took all three kids on a wild goose chase in search of a dresser. $20 and a little back pain later, the dresser was home and housing Violet's wardrobe. Mr. Mustard came home surprised - I was hoping he'd be impressed but instead he was like, "What was wrong with her sharing our dresser?" Haha.

Anyway, we still have yet to set up a crib for Violet (she sleeps in our bed) - but I think that is coming soon. For her naps, I have nowhere to put her, so I always hold or carry her during her naps. I have loved that for the past nine months (still love it) - but sometimes I need to be able to lay her down when she's napping so I can, you know...shower. ;-)

8-7-12-9-800

As far as what she's "doing" - here goes (I love to look back on this):

Violet weighs 22 pounds at nine months old (90th percentile) and wears 12-18 month clothes. Yesterday she wore a 24 month onesie and it fit fine! She can crawl really fast. She stands up by herself and holds on to the couch, on to your hands....and she is starting to cruise. We only have three stairs in our house- but one of them is very tall, and she can climb the stairs easily. I haven't let her try to go down them yet, though!

Violet has a lot of age-appropriate toys, but she always races straight for our shoes or Daisy's dog toys. She is also attracted to the most dangerous thing in the room - she can find any electrical cord or outlet and dash for it when she thinks you're not looking. Needless to say, we've done major baby-proofing, and yet still I am always pulling a stray shoe out from her grip...just before she bites into it! Haha.

She babbles a lot and loves "talking" to anyone who will listen. She loves music. She loves being sung to, and being held. She is very much a mama's girl (all the girls are) - and she is okay for a second if someone else holds her, but for the most part, she just wants her mama.

She has two bottom teeth, and has FOUR top teeth that are almost through. I looked in her mouth yesterday and the top is all white. So, her smile will be changing soon!

She is nursing great, and starting to branch out a little with eating foods. She doesn't like baby food at all, or bland food. She loves hummus (still) and last week I let her try some chocolate ice cream. She flipped out over that and couldn't stop laughing. She used to have a dairy sensitivity when she was first born (the reason I went vegan) - but now she seems fine with a little dairy. She loves watermelon juice. I've been eating a lot of watermelon, and she loves to drink the juice.

8-7-12-3


She loves playing with her sisters and wants to be right in the middle of them. She loves taking baths and adores splashing in the water. When Paprika takes her shower or Ginger takes a bath, Violet will race up to the edge of the tub hoping to get a little sprinkle.

Violet loves to go for walks, and that's how I get her to fall asleep at night - I take her for long walks in the Ergo. The other way that she falls asleep is by me wearing her in the Ergo and standing next to the dryer while it's on, and listening to this song:



It's almost Pavlovian by now - when she hears this song, she starts to nod off and by the third time listening to it, she's almost always out like a light. I think I've heard this song 400 times since it came out (only three weeks ago)!

She takes two naps/day - one short one (about half an hour) and one longer one (about an hour), and then she sleeps off and on for about 8 or 9 hours at night. I say off and on because, of course, there's some waking up in there! I just try not to dwell on the waking up in the middle of the night part. Haha!

It goes without saying that I love Violet and can't imagine life without her. Watching her grow is such an incredible gift - she is an indescribable joy and brings so much happiness to our little family. I'm having a hard time believing that she's been out of my body as long as she was inside my body. Time just seems to be moving at warp speed lately. :-)

Pin It

No comments: