Tuesday, August 30, 2011

29 Weeks!

8-30-11-21-600


I am 29 weeks pregnant! I have noticed that I am definitely in the third trimester - I am a lot slower than I was even a few weeks ago, and get tired much more easily! Things have been so hectic with summer, Paprika starting kindergarten, and chasing Ginger down from the rafters that I haven't had a whole lot of time to sit and ponder things.

Right now I am craving dark chocolate peanut butter cups, lemonade, and fruit (lots of fruit!) That's a great thing about California - there is always fresh fruit available.

I am feeling a lot of kicks now, and the baby is laying on my spine all the time...which can make me lose feeling in my legs, and almost fall to the floor in pain...you know, stuff like that! ;-)

We have been brainstorming names, and have a few on the short list. I want to name the baby after Mr. M, but he wants nothing to do with that. I figure after all these kids, he should get one named after him - but he insists that there won't be any variation of "junior" in our family...even though we couldn't really do a junior (for obvious reasons- ha!)

Today I told someone I was pregnant (another mom at Paprika's school) - and she acted surprised! I hope by now it's obvious. I mean, I hope so! Otherwise, I really need to lay off those dark chocolate peanut butter cups. ;-)

I have to admit, I am getting really excited. Some days it all seems too good to be true. But I am just trying to focus on the positive and hope that things turn out well and that's all I can do. It is out of my hands.

I have started preparing for the baby...just making changes around the house to get things set up. I bought new carseats (narrower ones so hopefully we won't need to buy a minivan!), and Paprika and Ginger are now sharing a room so we have a guest room for the many guests coming in the next few months!

I will be posting about them sharing a room later because, trust me, that topic deserves it's own post! Haha!

Tomorrow Paprika starts kindergarten, and I am walking (okay, waddling) her to school with Ginger in tow. I have a feeling that the hills between our house and her school are going to seem a lot steeper the closer we get to November! And that's a good thing! :-)

7 comments:

Devon said...

gorgeous mama!!!

and you've got a little riley in you -- crazy thought, huh?!!

i hope paprika's first day is WONDERFUL!

Sheila said...

Lookin Good! I am a firm believer that the body knows what it needs and sends you signals. Chow down and be happy for the two of you.
I love the idea of naming the baby after Papa. It's a cute name. You'll think of something that fits her to a tee.

Holly said...

I miss the excitement of preparing for a new baby! SO happy for you guys! And your tummy is awesome & it's been obvious for a while that you're expecting so keep eating the PB cups!

Jill said...

You look beautiful mama!

Lizzy said...

First off, you look wonderful for it being your 5th baby!

I've noticed a lot more names today are "gender neutral." I think a lot of names can be used for boys or girls. I like Spencer, Blake and Bryce for girls or boys. Mr. M should be happy you want to name your latest one after him. :)

Lauren said...

You're lookin' good!! I can't believe you're 29 weeks already! That is big time!

siri said...

Hmmm...yeah, I'd say you look pregnant!!