Friday, July 23, 2010

Thirteen!

7-22-10-8-800


Ginger is thirteen! Thirteen months, that is!

Since this blog is her baby book (and Paprika's, too)- I have to list all her milestones and achievements this month. Please indulge me...

Ginger, this past month has been a big one for you! Here is a little list I just made up of everything going on with you now:

Biggest Milestone: Walking! You still prefer to crawl (because it's faster), but you are taking more and more steps on your own every day. Your favorite thing to do is to hold on to Paprika when she's walking (which she sometimes loves).

Teeth: You have eight, with two more on the way. You have a really hard time with your teeth coming in, and it's no fun. (For any of us!) Haha.

Favorite Foods: Anything on someone else's plate. Seriously! You definitely want what you can't have...you are a big food moocher!

Favorite Toys: All electronic gadgets, cell phones, car keys, glasses...basically, anything you can't have. Am I sensing a pattern here?

Sleeping: While other parents talk about getting their kids to sleep through the night, I am trying to get you to sleep through the half-hour. You love to sleep when I am holding you and you are attached to me (nursing)- but otherwise, not so much! I am considering changing my name to Nuk.

Favorite Games: You love playing Ring-Around-The-Rosie with Paprika, and you fall down and laugh at the end. You and Paprika are quite the pair and are starting to play together a lot, which makes my heart smile.

Favorite Activity: You love being outside and you squeal with delight when I ask you if you want to go outside. At the end of the day, you are happiest when you are covered in mud, sand, and water.

Favorite Animal: You love all animals, especially dogs. When you see a dog, you go nuts! You love dogs so much, and are fascinated by them. Big dogs, little dogs...all dogs!

Favorite Words: You say "mama" and "dada" a lot. You also say other, kinda random words like: water. Even without words, you are able to let us know what you want very well, and you have a loud, booming voice that gets attention!

Favorite Music: You love all music, but especially loud music with a strong beat. You love to dance, and you get soooo happy when music comes on. I've started playing music around the house just for you, and you are always so excited whenever music is playing. You love to dance, especially if someone is dancing with you! Last week, we took you to a concert at the park, and you couldn't get enough of it!

Little Things You Do: You clap, point, and blow kisses. You love to do everything yourself. You want to brush your own teeth, hold your own cup, feed yourself with your own spoon. You love to climb...and can do so very quickly. You want to stand on Paprika's stepstools, and climb inside baskets and toy boxes.

Thirteen months since you were born, and not a moment goes by that I take for granted. You are a magical, amazing, beautiful baby. I am so excited and happy to be your mom. I feel like the luckiest lady in the world getting to watch you grow up. Every night when I rock you to sleep, I cry because I realize just how precious you are and how this time we have together is fleeting. I am so proud of you, and I love you with my whole heart. You are an amazing person, and every day...every moment...I get to be in your life is a complete joy.

1 comment:

Erin said...

She is so beautiful Erika! I feel the same way - I cry rocking Kole at night all the time! Probably because he is my last and I feel so lucky to have him. Nothing like a baby.

And by the way...I TOTALLY remember the 90210 beach house! How cool that you hang out at that beach! Loved your picture of it. :)