Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Hard Day



Yesterday was a very difficult day for us. We picked up Vivian and Annemarie's ashes at the funeral home. The hardest part was the finality of it all. It hit me that they really are gone and they are not coming back. I hope to see them in Heaven, but that seems so far away right now.

The flowers and cards we have in our house are so beautiful. I wish the flowers and cards were here to celebrate a happier occasion, but having them in our home during this dark time gives me some comfort.

I am really sad right now and feel like this incredible grief will never lift. Everyone else is going on with their lives, and I just want the world to stop and never forget our girls. The more time that passes the further away their memory is for others- although I feel like I am stuck in the same place I was on the day of their birth, July 12th.

I miss them so much.

No comments: