Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lately...

Untitled

Friday night the big girls (Ginger and Paprika) had a little slumber party. They stayed up ALL night, I think! ;-) Okay, well probably just until 3am! They read books, sang songs, and snuggled together in Paprika's top bunk. I could hear their conversation through the door - it was so precious. At about 2am, I decided that some sleep was in order. I had a library copy of Swan Lake by Maestro Classics, so I put that on and they eventually fell asleep listening to it (even though I think Paprika chatted through the whole thing!)


7-25-13-4


When they woke up the next morning, they said it was the BEST night ever! Ha!


Untitled

Saturday night...DATE NIGHT = GREAT NIGHT!

Mr. M and I went down to the beach at sunset and went for a long walk.  I never get tired of that!  Afterwards, we went for Thai Food and I ordered TWO Thai Iced Teas. Living on the edge!  ;-)


upload


There was hardly anyone at the beach - I love how calm and peaceful it is after everyone goes home for the day!  :-)


upload


Little tickle-fest with Baby Violet.  She is so much fun at this age - exhausting (yes!) - but so much fun!


upload

One of my favorite sights - her napping!  Haha.  I love to sit next to her and watch her sleep.  Never gets old...


upload


On Sunday, Mr. M had to work and Paprika wanted to go with him - just like last week.  So, she got to go - and she watched him edit the show (the appropriate parts), and even got to help choose music cues.  Does it get any better than that?!  The only downside was that they didn't get home until about 2am on Monday morning, so Paprika was a little tired on Monday.  But she was fine - she had piano lessons and did great.  I don't know how she gets her energy!


Untitled


Monday we spent the afternoon at the park.  Ginger was my sidekick and stayed by my side the whole time.  Violet ran everywhere (the park is totally fenced, thank goodness).  The whole time, I was counting children:  1, 2, 3.  Check!  1, 2, 3.  Check!


upload

Paprika made lots of sandcastles and moats.  She transported water on her head like this (I had to giggle):


upload


And that's what we've been up to lately!

Dancing in the sunshine...





No comments: