Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wide Open Spaces

6-7-10-small-1


Can't believe we've been here in Maine for a week already. I think it does take some time to decompress, so being here for awhile has been good.

Yesterday we went to the Audubon Society Nature Preserve. We had a great hike, and then went to the Nature Center and just hung out for awhile. Then we had a picnic in a big, open field and watched the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks, and looked for more caterpillars (of course!) Days here are lazy, and lazy days are good!

6-7-10-small-2


After this hike, we toured Haven's Candy Factory in Portland, and bought the girls freshly made chocolates.

I know I keep talking about the food, and the truth is that when we get home, I am going to have to exercise some restraint in that department. But for now, I will enjoy the whoopie pies and lobster rolls, and hope that all the hiking we are doing will somehow balance it out! :-)

6-7-10-small-4


3 comments:

FourJedis said...

You may go through clean-air withdrawal when you return to home! ;-) So glad you're enjoying the trip still. Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Ginger is getting so big!! I bet she's just about ready to walk!

I'm so happy that you guys are having a good time, enjoying the "wide open spaces" (singing the country song in my head right now).

Anonymous said...

simply loving the updates...such fun