Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Adventures In Maine, Day One

6-1-10-small-1


Monday night we arrived in Maine. Mr. Mustard's mom has a house on the coast near Portland, so we're staying there with her (she usually spends the summers here in Maine, where she grew up).

We haven't made the trip in 4 1/2 years, since I was pregnant with Paprika during Chistmas 2005! So, it's been awhile.

The first day, Tuesday, it rained, rained and then rained some more. We spent the day at the Children's Museum of Maine- I got some great photos, but they were taken on my other camera (the 7D) and I'm not sure how to transfer them to my laptop.

The Maine Children's Museum was pretty amazing- Paprika had the time of her life, and there was a great play area for babies Ginger's age, which she loved!

The Children's Museum is big- four stories tall- and has incredible interactive exhibits for young children. We easily spent most of the day there, and we left with Paprika still wanting to see more. It was a great way to spend a rainy day!

6-1-10-sm-4


By the time we got home, the rain had cleared. I walked out to the cove with Ginger and took these photos with our other camera (the Lumix). It is so beautiful and green, and lush here. Everything happens more slowly here than in LA...it's very relaxing!

6-1-10-small-3


Paprika has been catching caterpillars, swimming in the freezing waters, and is having such a grand time. Ginger has been enjoying touching everything- she wants to touch every flower, rock, tree, and leaf she sees.

When the weather cooperates, we are spending a lot of time outdoors just taking in how green it is! Today we had a really incredible day outdoors- but again, those photos are on my other camera, so I'll have to wait to write about it until I can get the photos from that camera onto my laptop! :-)

6-1-10-small-2



2 comments:

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

The Childrens Museum is great for little ones! We've been there several times. Have a great time!

FourJedis said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Ginger has such a warm, welcoming look to her... enough to melt anyone's heart. I'm glad you are getting lots of outdoor time.