Thursday, June 17, 2010

On The Road Again!

6-16-09-small-3


A year ago today I looked like this and was in labor with Ginger! What a difference a year makes! Tomorrow she turns ONE year old! Wowza....

We are in Indiana right now visiting my side of the family. We spent four days in Lafayette with Ann, and now we're down in Indy visiting everyone else! We have very limited internet access (just when we swing by Panera or Starbucks)- so I haven't been able to update the blog, or really even check email!

We have been soooooo busy, though! I have been taking pictures all along the way and will have lots to post when we get back to California! Our little vacation is turning into an almost month-long event. Ginger and Paprika are both doing great adapting to all the different places we've stayed!

I could really get used to travelling with them- it's definitely been an adventure, but so much fun, too...and just getting to spend so much time with Mr. Mustard (because he's had this whole month off work) has just been awesome!

Tomorrow we have a big day planned for Ginger's birthday! I am feeling a little sad about my littlest baby turning one already! Time has flown by too quickly, and of course, it makes me think of Vivian and Annemarie, who I wish I could have seen turn one year old. But I'm trying not to dwell on that and just focus on how amazing and wonderful it is to wake up to Ginger's smiling face every morning. Ginger and Paprika make me feel like the luckiest mama on Earth. Truly! I am so grateful for them each and every day!

3 comments:

FourJedis said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Ginger. I wish V & A could be here to celebrate tomorrow. Enjoy the festivities and the rest of your travels. What a great time you must be having... what I would give to have a whole month with my husband!

Home Is Where They Send Us said...

Happy Birthday Ginger -- may the upcoming year be filled with lots of fun, happiness and health! :) <3 Can't wait to see pictures from your adventures in Indiana!!

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday Ginger...I can hardly believe it has already been a year!