Thursday, February 4, 2010

7 1/2 Months

2-2-10-small-10


Dear Ginger,

Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday, I was waiting for you to be born. And now, here you are...

On Monday night, you started to crawl. You were reaching for my laptop (of all things!), and when I put it out of reach, you went for it.

You roll to get wherever you need to go. You are so strong, you can pull half your body up when you want to reach something high.

You can sit up on your own, but you don't very often because you like to be moving.

You love to babble and squeal.

You are always happy, especially when you are being held. There is nowhere else you'd rather be than close to me. I carry you a lot in the Ergo baby carrier. You want to be so close to my heart, and I love that...

You are very good at staying awake. You like taking short naps when I'm holding you, and then when I lay you down, you wake right up. I don't really mind, though. I love holding you and know that this phase will pass all too quickly.

You love staying up late, and often don't fall asleep until after 2am. We get lots of one-on-one time after Paprika goes to bed at night. I cherish this time, and love that we are so close. Even though the late nights are tiring, I love that we have that special time. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

You are still nursing exclusively, and have no interest in being fed babyfood. You seem pretty happy about that arrangement, and I'm okay with it, too!

I love you so much, and wished for you and waited for you for so long. I am so glad you are part of our family and not a day goes by that I don't realize how fortunate we are to have you. You light up all of our lives and have brought so much joy back into our world.

We love you so!

Love,
Mom


1 comment:

FourJedis said...

What a sweet note to Miss Ginger. She is so precious and growing up so quickly. An early crawler, huh?