Tuesday, January 16, 2007

5 Months Old!
















Today Paprika turns 5 Months Old! We had a wonderful day. We went to the outdoor mall in Century City and enjoyed the beautiful weather we're having. We did a little shopping, and then we went and saw Dreamgirls! Yes, Paprika's first movie! We were going to see Charlotte's Web, but I chickened out, so we did some shopping, and then I got up the nerve to go buy a ticket to Dreamgirls. I thought the theater would be empty because it's mid-week and the movie has been out for awhile. Well, I forgot that the Golden Globe Awards were last night, and we live in Los Angeles, so of course, the theater was packed! Paprika LOVED the movie! She did not cry one bit, in fact, she was laughing during parts of it and trying to sing. She was mesmerized by the people singing so much that she wanted to sing along. It looks like we might have a future singer on our hands! We both had a really great time. I even got to eat some popcorn!

It's amazing to me how much she has grown and changed in the past five months. I didn't think it could get much better, but it does keep getting better every day. Paprika has grown so much, and I am so proud of the fact that so far she's been exclusively nursed by me, with no formula or solid food. I know that it's really hard for a lot of people to breastfeed, so I feel lucky that it's worked out so well so far for us. We're going to keep it up as long as we can and as long as the pediatrician gives us the thumbs up. For now, she's thriving on just what I'm able to give her, which is such a fantastic feeling. She's about 20 pounds now and 28 or 29 inches long, which means that she's fitting into 12-18 month clothes now! It's unbelievable- I feel so blessed to have this sweet girl in our lives!






No comments: