Thursday, January 18, 2007

5 Months, 2 Days!























Our tenants are moving out two months from today! Yea! It's so nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel with regards to our living situation since it seems to get crazier and crazier by the hour at our current apartment. Living here has become so horrible I'm amazed that I'm still functional.

I quit drinking caffeine on Monday, so maybe that has changed my outlook on things a bit! It's so hard for me to give up caffeine. I was only drinking a few Cokes a day- well, it started out at one can of Coke per day, and by last week I was up to two or three per day. Plus chocolate (a must in my life)! Well, when I upped the caffeine, Paprika and I both started having trouble sleeping. She's never been a very good napper and once the caffeine level increased, she started waking up at least once each night. I mean, it never really seemed like too big of a deal because she would wake up, eat, and then fall right back asleep, which is completely normal for a baby her age. But, I still felt really guilty that my diet could be contributing to a lack of quality sleep on her part.


Well, as soon as I cut out caffeine, I noticed that her whole sleep schedule dramatically improved. She is taking two naps a day now (which is normal) instead of not napping at all, and she is sleeping completely through the night again- from about 8:30 pm until 8 am with no waking up in between. She is calmer baby and her sleep is more restful. It's great! I am looking forward to being through with feeling the effects of caffeine withdrawl. It really hurts me to know that drinking caffeine could have caused Paprika bouts of sleeplessnes. I feel really guilty about it, but what can I do except move on and not drink caffeine anymore?

I am still without a car. The Jeep is in the shop being repaired again because the last repair did nothing to fix the stalling problem. Mr. Mustard is driving the Saturn to work. We were set to buy a Camry from a private party- it was great and perfect- but then the guy said he couldn't transfer the title to us because he wasn't planning on paying off his loan on the car, so the bank would still have title. What? I don't think so! So, that was frustrating to go through all of that just to have it not work out. Sometimes I wish we would just go buy a car from a dealership- even if it was a bit more expensive- because then things would be simpler. Of course, I also understand the desire to get a really good deal, so I basically just follow whatever Mr. Mustard wants to do, since I ultimately trust his judgment and he always ends up choosing the best course of action. :-)




No comments: